Earlier today I ran my first official 5K in Baltimore, MD.
Here are some of the numbers that show what it’s taken to arrive at this point:
- I’ve been training for the past 3 months
- I hurt my leg 4 times while training (including twisting my ankle the day before the race)
- There were 3,211 participants, and I came in 1,410th place
- My bib number was 893
- It cost me a total of $45 to participate ($145 including the cost of my running shoes…)
- My total run time was 34 minutes and 19 seconds
But more importantly:
- There were 3.1 miles that I totally annihilated
- I received so much support from at least 10 close family and friends
- I was able to cross off 1 goal from my bucket list
- 0 people are happier than me right now
I’ll post another blog in a bit regarding the specifics of this race, but for now I’m just going to appreciate all the effort that I’ve put into myself and my health. I am so thankful and appreciative that I have all of these numbers supporting my actions and urging me to keep going.
Here are some final departing numbers:
2014, another Baltimore Women’s Classic 5K, under 30 minutes. Let’s Go!
Plus, I got to take adorable pictures and update my Pail List!