Thanksgiving. It’s go time.
If you’re struggling with the idea of having that beautiful bird and succulent sweet potatoes placed in front of you all night (and the left overs placed in front of you for the following week after), all you need to do is repeat these mantras:
- It’s only one day
- I will not eat until I am stuffed
- I will drink lots of water
- I recognize that “seconds” doesn’t have to be a bad word
- I will focus on enjoying the day and the company of those I love
- I understand that a whole can of cranberry sauce is not a portion
- I will savor each bite
- I will look for happiness outside of my plate
Don’t forget that you’re allowed one day to splurge within some limits. You’re going to do amazing for 30 days, and if one of those days is merely great, that’ll be an alright trade off for a scoop of stuffing.