Yesterday, I had a showdown at Hershey Park, with Hershey Park.
And I won!
My showdown began with my friends suggesting a visit to the park of our childhoods, progressed to me planning out how I would avoid drooling over chocolate at every corner, and ended with me being as happy and healthy as ever.
Hershey Park’s temptations:
- Lazing around in lines
- Riding the railroad and monorail everywhere
- Attending the shows and sitting on my butt all day
- So many food and candy stands
This was the first time that I made a plan to avoid temptation, and I actually followed through with it. True, I won a giant sized chocolate bar after participating in a character show (which is the highlight of my summer), but, what’s more important is how I didn’t throw away all of my hard work for the chance to break me off a piece of that KitKat bar.
I had an absolutely amazing time smelling chocolate, riding rides, and spending time with my friends in the last days of summer. And what’s even better, I did it all while staying fit and remaining healthy! Woohoo for small victories!
- Walking all around the park all day and not stopping, even with achy feet
- My vegetarian gyro
- Dancing around at the shows that I did attend
- A small serving of (cheesy) popcorn
- Running through the roller coaster lines
- Constant visits to the water fountain
- Not attacking the dancing bars of chocolate with a slobbery grin on my face
- Being aware of my health and recognizing that happiness can exist without candy