I have this blog because I love food. But this love is not all goodness and pureness and light. And when I go on vacation with this love, our relationship tends to turn volatile.
Later today I’m leaving with my family for a 5 day vacation in Ocean City, MD. My grandparents live right around the town and we’ve been frequenting the coast at least once a year for as long as I can remember. Along with a hoppin’ beach, the best mini golf I’ve ever played (Old Pro for life!), and a boardwalk teeming with games and activity, comes Trouble.
Trouble is my pet name for Candy Kitchen, Phillips Seafood, Nick’s House of Ribs, all boardwalk food ever made, The Dough Roller, Dumser’s Dairy Land, and Fat Daddy’s Subs.
I’ve been eating well, exercising regularly, and soaking up the happiness in my life for a good week now. I love this happy healthy Katy. But happy healthy Katy also loves Trouble.
So here is happy healthy Katy’s plan for dealing with Trouble on her upcoming vacation:
- Embrace Trouble. If I try to neglect Trouble’s presence in my life, it will only cause me to run into its buttery arms all the more.
- …Imagine buttery arms, that’s a disgusting image and makes me not want to eat. (Lucky for you I couldn’t find a picture to go with this)
- Tolerate Trouble in little amounts. I am absolutely horrible with moderation, and tend to be an all or nothing person, I just need to accept that some Trouble is OK, but too much Trouble is just trouble.
- Snack more! If I snack on healthy foods throughout the day, maybe Trouble’s buttery arms (gag) won’t look so appealing
- Budget my trip. Trouble is expensive, and since I don’t have paying jobs this summer, I have plenty of motivation to save money
For now, all I can do is appreciate how well things have been going in my life and plan for the challenges to come.
If anyone has any advice on how to avoid Trouble or would care to comment on their own Trouble, I’d love to hear about it in the comments.
Wish me luck and expect my next post to detail my hopefully happy and healthy vacation!